Jones Pump Service provides residential and commercial septic tank & grease trap pumping in Harford County, Cecil County and Baltimore County.
Septic systems are onsite underground wastewater treatment systems. The system is made up of two main parts, a septic tank and a drain-field or absorption field. The septic tank needs to be pumped regularly in order to remove the solid waste that forms at the bottom, so that the system will function properly for years to come.
Pumping frequency can vary depending on how many people live in the home, habits and level of usage. We typically recommend the average size family to have the system pumped every two years. Regular pumping will help assure optimal functioning and longevity of the system.
• Avoid or limit using your garbage disposal. Food debris adds to the solids in your system.
• Dispose of cooking oil and grease into the trash, not down the drain. Once they harden, they can clog the pipes.
• Don’t flush paper towels, feminine products, baby wipes or personal wipes.
• Spread out laundry cycles- try to avoid doing multiple loads in one day
• Avoid flushing paint or bleach down the drains
• Don’t plant trees or shrubs near your drain fields
• Keep your septic tank risers accessible for pumping and inspections
• Maintain a regular septic pumping schedule- Typically every 2-3 years
Jones Pump Service is trained and certified in pumping the following BAT treatment units:
Advantex Norweco Fuji Clean